Dilworth Park: Philly’s Next Hot Spot
Philadelphia’s hottest new city park just opened this month… and it’s already alive with activity! Located on JFK Boulevard at City Hall, Dilworth Park has been newly transformed into a welcoming, multifaceted outdoor space with an enormous Great Lawn, four tree groves, an outdoor café, a computer-programmable fountain, a performance space, activity areas for outdoor markets and an ice-skating rink in season. Additionally, SEPTA transit lines will now be far more accessible with new elevators and new stairs, sheltered by clear-glass headhouses, to connect the surface streets with new entrances to the Market and Broad Street Lines and transit hub below.
Dilworth Park already has a series of regular events lined up for this fall, including:
- Pictures in the Park featuring outdoor movies every Tuesday at dusk
- Live @ Lunch every Wednesday from Noon to 2 p.m., featuring local music, dancing & performing arts
- Style POP on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. – a weekly designer pop-up market with fashions from some of Philadelphia’s most cutting-edge designers
- DJs at Dilworth Park every Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m., Center City’s funkiest new open-air dance party
- Grooves in the Grove every Friday and Saturday at lunchtime, featuring music on the side to accompany your lunch
And coming next month, Dilworth Park will offer its own “OctoberFest” – a fall festival featuring fun activities, games and a decorative beer garden.
If you haven’t checked out the new Dilworth Park at City Hall yet, why not make plans to head over this week? There’s always something fun going on – and it’s an easy trip to get there from Dockside. Find out more about this great new park by visiting www.ccdparks.org.