Get Ready for Old City Seaport Festival
Here’s a great event on the Delaware River waterfront that you shouldn’t miss. Our friends and neighbors at Independence Seaport Museum will host the 3rd Annual Old City Seaport Festival October 10th – 12th at Penn’s Landing. This weekend-long event will feature Tall Ships, antique and classic wood boats, ship models, sea chanties, vendors, face painting, moon bounce and other activities along the waterfront. The Festival also features great Philly food trucks and a pop-up pirate beer garden with live music.
The kickoff event, the Parade of Sail, happens on Friday, October 10th at 5:00 p.m, when the Tall Ships will sail up and down the Landing. Activities are planned throughout the weekend, between 10am–6pm on Saturday and Sunday, with events including:
- Tall Ships open for deck tours (10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Pirate’s Lair Kids Zone (10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
- Steam bending demonstrations in the boat shop (ongoing)
- Gosling’s Dark ‘n Stormy Tavern (12:00 – 6:30 p.m.)
- Boat rentals (12:00 – 4:00 p.m.)
- River tours (4:30 p.m., return at 6:00 p.m.)
- Pirate Battle (5:00 p.m.)
For tickets or more information on the festival or specific events, click here. Don’t miss this favorite new Philly festival, happening just a few steps away from our front door at Dockside!